31 May 2010

Beautiful BC is Right: The Coquihalla and Kamloops

The Coquihalla Highway runs North-South in the Okanagan Region of BC between Hope and Kamloops. On this past Victoria Day weekend, Kirk and I drove up to Kamloops for our friends Mike & Danielle's wedding, and the drive was just gorgeous. Some of the mountain passes are so high that it was snowing, and there was snow visible on the surrounding mountains. The views really are breath-taking.

Kamloops is a beautiful little city on the Thompson River. We got to town a few hours before the wedding, and made our way to Riverside Park, which runs along the waterfront. We had a great stroll and saw some interesting wildlife, including a gopher (correction: my friend Shaunna tells me it's a Hoary Marmot), some Canada Geese and a huge flock of evening grossbeaks (I'm a city girl - that's wildlife to me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment