04 November 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 4: Veggie Fajitas

Here's another one of my favourite after work quick meals - fajitas! This is a really loose recipe because every time I make it it's different (but always delicious!). It's also a great way to use up some of the veggies that come in our Spud delivery.


Veggie Fajitas
* A ton of your favourite veggies - I use bell peppers, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and green onions
* black beans (canned & rinsed or cooked from dry)
* taco seasoning or fajita seasoning
* hot sauce (optional - I like chipotle hot sauce)
* whole wheat tortillas, small
* fresh cilantro (optional)
* pickled jalapenos (optional)
* salsa
* guacamole

Cut up your veggies into bite-sized bits and stir fry with the black beans until fork-tender. Season with taco or fajita seasoning, and hot sauce to taste if you're feeling spicy. Fill your tortillas with veggies & beans and garnish with jalapenos, cilantro, salsa and guacamole and dig in! Sometimes I make fajita bowls, where I don't use tortillas and just fill a bowl with veggies & beans and top with the garnishes. Mmmm, I'm getting hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment