05 November 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 5: Party!!

Last month I had a surprise engagement party for my friends Shannon & Matti. Now, we all know the best thing about parties is consuming vast quantities of yummy food (and some wine!). I love making party food! It's especially fun to feed a bunch of omnis vegan food and see them enjoying it. Here's what I made for this particular party...

Panzanella: I made up this recipe - cucumbers, tomatoes, crusty bread, red onions, black olives and dressing made of olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard seeds & oregano. Mmmm!

Spanakopita made with phyllo pastry, non-hydrogenated margarine, spinach (fresh and frozen chopped), garlic and onions.

Crostinis (toasted slices of baguette rubbed with a garlic clove) with fresh three colour salsa (red, orange & yellow tomatoes, fresh seeded jalapenos, onion and spices) and homemade carmelized onion roasted garlic marmalade (just onions, roasted garlic and a bit of olive oil).

Mocha Kahlua Almond Cookies (minus the almonds). Find the recipe in ExtraVeganZa by Laura Matthias. These are my go-to cookies for any event. They're so freakin' good!

Dolce de Leche Coconut Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World (I don't remember what the recipe's called and I'm too lazy to get up and check, but that's the gist of it). They were a bit of work to make, but tasted heavenly! That cake plate is from our wedding, by the way.

I also made Dough-less Samosas (just the filling - mashed potato, carrots, peas, onions & spices) made into patties and baked, and served with Crosse & Blackwell's Hot Mango Chutney. That chutney is so good it's difficult for me not to take a spoon and clean out the jar in one fell swoop. But I forgot to take a photo of the samosas, so you'll just have to use your imagination. You can kinda see them in the background of the first photo of the salad, but not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment