01 February 2010

My Favourite Blogs, Pt. 1: Top 5 Desert Island Blogs

Tonight, after spending WAY too much time on the internet, I feel the need to give props (Can I pull off using that phrase? Sure, why not?) to some of my favourite blogs.

1. Design*Sponge
This is one of the first blogs I started following regularly, and is still my favourite. It's chock full of art, craft tutorials, DIY projects, cooking, interior design, basically anything creative. I absolutely love the Before & After series, which features photos of refinishing and redecorating projects sent in by readers. Another great feature on D*S is Small Measures with Ashley English (I also follow Ashley's own blog), which is comprised of fantastic articles on living simple and green while still living fabulous.

2. Poppytalk
Poppytalk is a Canadian (based in Vancouver!) design blog dedicated to collecting inspiration and promoting emerging design talent. I've made more than one print purchase because of their Affordable Art feature! I am inspired by (and sometimes intimidated by) artists featured on Poppytalk on a daily basis. Also check out the related online marketplace, Poppytalk Handmade, which showcases an amazing rotating roster of beautiful handmade goods.

3. Creep Machine
If you're interested in keeping up with alternative, underground, outsider, lowbrow or pop surrealism art, Creep Machine should be first on your list. It features daily updates about new original and print releases and upcoming gallery openings from amazing established and up-and-coming artists.

4. Twig & Thistle
Kathleen at Twig & Thistle compiles an amazing and inspiring collection of graphic design, art and craft projects. I like to think of it as all the stuff on the internet that I would like to find if I spent all my time surfing around. Thanks for finding it for me!

5. Print & Pattern
Print & Pattern gives me a daily dose of inspiration. It's awash in pattern, textiles, paper, any surface that can have a design on it. I only started reading it recently, but already I have so many ideas swirling around in my head! Now, to put some of them into action.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great line up! And thanks so much for including Twig & Thistle, I feel so honored! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Print & Pattern & Poppy Talk are totally a part of the my daily blog fix! I'll have to checkout the rest of these blogs too.

    ReplyDelete